Mayo Private Hospital has been serving the Manning Great Lakes and surrounding communities since 1922. The hospital is an 81-bed acute medical, surgical, rehabilitation and mental health facility in Taree on the mid north coast of New South Wales.
Mayo Private offers a comprehensive range of specialities supported by the latest technology and nursing expertise. With 24-hour medical cover and the support of accredited visiting medical doctors and specialists, you can be confident of the high quality care you will receive.
A newly redeveloped state-of-the-art healthcare facility
Healthe Care Australia purchased Mayo Private in July 2012. In the first year, the hospital underwent a $10 million redevelopment. This investment provided:
- 22 additional beds (including an expanded mental health unit)
- 2 additional operating theatres (one fully commissioned and one for future use)
- A new five-chair renal dialysis unit
- A new purpose-built pathology and radiology facility (housing Taree’s first MRI unit)
- Additional private consulting space for doctors and specialists
- Refurbishment of existing facilities